Beer Festival postponement
Following recent announcements by the government indicating that restrictions on public events can be expected within the next 2 weeks as part of the containment plan for the corona virus outbreak we have reluctantly decided to postpone this year’s Beer Festival. Hopefully it can be rescheduled for later in the year dependent upon the lifting of those restrictions.
The event costs in the region of £33000 to stage and is reliant upon sponsors and the public to cover those costs and provide the surplus which Rotary distributes back to the community each year.
Whilst we do carry event cancellation insurance one of the standard exclusions is communicable disease so the policy will not pay out in the event of cancellation due to corona virus, leaving the organisers personally liable. Consequently due to the substantial financial risks if, as seems likely, the government imposes restrictions on public events we feel that we have no option but to postpone the Festival. The decision has not be taken lightly and we realise that this will be a great disappointment to our sponsors and those who support the event.
We would like to thank our sponsors and suppliers, including the many breweries, for their invaluable support and look forward to staging the event later in the year.
We are pleased to announce our JOINT MAIN Sponsor 2020 are:
We are looking for all types of sponsors with various packages. Please click on the link to see the packages. For more details Click Here
Thursday 2nd April – 19:00 PM – 22:30PM
Friday 3rd April – 19:00 PM – 23:00PM
Saturday 4th April – 12:30 PM – 23.30PM
A Special VIP FREE bar for Sponsors & their guest is on Thursday 2nd between 6PM – 7PM